It’s simple: if you’ve had a bad experience, you have a right to make a complaint. Getting the university or other organisations to recognise their mistakes and make it right for you and others in the future can feel great, and we can help you to do it.

Complaints against the university

Sometimes things go wrong during your studies or student experience that may leave you dissatisfied with the university. If you have a complaint against a member of university staff, a university service or department, or the entire university, we can help you to go through the complaints procedure.

We can support you throughout your complaint, including helping you to submit your paperwork and being by your side at any meetings. If you’ve gone through the university’s complaints procedure and believe you’ve been wronged, we can also help you take your complaint to the Office of the Independent Adjudicator.

Feel like you may have something worthy of a complaint? Get in touch. If you don't want to make a formal complaint but still want your issues raised, let us know. We can help raise a whole host of issues with the university through our student representatives.

Complaints against the students’ union

Unhappy about something we've done? We have a complaints procedure outlining exactly what you need to do and what will happen with your complaint. If you need help finding the correct staff member, contact Complaints Manager Chris Cottam at or on 01524 594327.

Complaints against anyone else

The union's Advice Team can also help you complain against other organisations or services you’ve experienced, including your housing. Whatever the problem, just get in touch. We’ll point you in the right direction.