Hi everyone, I’m Laura and I’m your VP Campaigns & Communications! I’ve recently finished an MA in Conflict, Development and Security after completing my BA in Economics and International Relations, both here at Lancaster. During my degree, I’ve been a member of Boat Club and also became Editor of the student newspaper, SCAN, in my final year of studies.
Some of my key objectives this year are:
It’s also my job to help you if you want to create your own campaigns so if you have any ideas about a campaign that you might want to run, drop in and have a chat with me and I’ll help as much as I can! My drop in sessions run every Friday from 10 am until 12noon so pop into the Students’ Union.
My key achievements to-date have been:
1. Launching Grow Our Minds, my mental health campaign, in October with over 200 attendees
2. Holding multiple events throughout the year for the Grow Our Minds campaign including Tea Parties, a Mind Fest and a Random Acts of Kindness Week where students were able to nominate a friend for a prize
3. Held Mental Health First Aid training sessions for students including JCR Welfare Officers and Grow Our Minds volunteers
4. Running the ‘Pay More, Get Less’ campaign which bought together issues around increases in parking charges, increases to rent and other value for money issues, the petition for this campaign reached over 220 people
5. Working with Student Media through a monthly meeting to assist them with collaborative work that they want to do’
Follow me on twitter @LUSUComms